Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SNOW!

Okay, seriously. I never thought I would be thankful for SNOW. After our AWFUL first winter here in Utah, Snow and I have not been friends.
Let me clear things up- I am thankful for the fun family moments we have with Snow. Last Saturday a bunch of the cold white stuff covered everything. I was feeling pretty good and motivated- so we bundled everybody up and ventured out...
Bryn was in HEAVEN. She thought this winter wonderland was the best thing EVER! I think she would have stayed outside all day.
Doesn't Dominic look like he's having a good time??Well, he was back inside after about 5 minutes- he was super grumpy that day.
The rest of us had a fun time making snow angels, throwing snowballs...and catching SNOWFLAKES on our eyelashes...This was Brandon's first REAL snow experience- so he wouldn't walk anywhere unless someone was holding his hand. So- he stood where we put him. And stood there. He finally realized that the snow on his gloves was too delicious...He stood in his spot and ate snow off of himself until someone came back to hold his hand. After a while he got cold and grumpy- as can be seen in this 'caught in the act' shot. Don't hit Daddy, Brandon!
It was the most fun that I personally have had in the snow in a while. Bryn and I had a snowball fight between the two of us- she thought it was pretty great. Most of the snowballs she made ended up on her own face since she kept throwing them straight up in the air- and she still would laugh hysterically. It was a good day. Thankful for Snow. We'll see how long it lasts...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a way better Mom than I ever thought of being! Maybe next time it snows I will pull her boots out and let her play...maybe!