Saturday, April 3, 2010

An Egg-stravaganza of the Easter sort...

I don't really look forward to dying Easter Eggs like I did when I was a kid.
It's a lot more work when you're the mom.
Boiling eggs, mixing colors, laying out newspaper, making sure no one spills dye everywhere (BRYN!).
But I always love it once we finally do it :).
Brandon doesn't get to participate yet.
The boy just can't be trusted.
So we waited until he was taking a nap...
Then the Easter Egg dying fun began!

Egg-cited anticipation...
They had been waiting and asking me when we were going to color our eggs for DAYS!
They are pretty patient with their mommy.  
I am very grateful for that.

Finally, the time arrived...
They had a little less patience for the wait required to properly dye an egg.
We heard a lot of "Is mine done yet???".
Such good egg-dye-ers I have...
After a few eggs, they lost some enthusiasm...
"Why isn't mine done yet??"  Doesn't Dominic look so very bored?

That is, until they found their secret messages from the Easter Bunny...
which just turned out to be their names and a little picture.
That Easter Bunny is one thoughtful creature.

Our beautiful Easter Eggs...
I'm still not convinced that buying the Glitter Egg kit was a good idea... but we did it...
So shiny and pretty :).  As is a lot of our kitchen... our nice glittery kitchen.
Did you know glitter is hard to get off of stuff? ;)

Happy Easter!!  From all us...

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't dyed eggs in so long! And I miss it. Should have done it this year.

And yes! I got your email. Congrats! You will love it. Send me your address. I will have Stephanie email you. SHe ROCKS her Bumpit. I am not the person for that. :)

Lisa said...

You are so brave to do the glitter eggs! We were reeeeeeeeeally spoiled this year, your mom let us come over and she and Joyce had set up the most professional looking egg dying station I've ever seen. The girls had a BLAST, and I did practically nothing. I'd almost feel bad about it but it was just so dern pleasant.

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea the Easter Bunny had of writing the names before dipping them. =)

Oh, and I should have sent Savannah over...we didn't do eggs this year. tears.

Allred Family said...

Yea Glitter eggs sound like a good idea, Caleb and Sage brought home glittery eggs from pre-school and WOW it got everywhere!!! What a GREAT idea writing their names on them.....you are such a GREAT mommy!!!

Joo Lin said...

Fun eggs! I still haven't boiled our eggs - egg sandwiches is the tradition. I bought the dye kit but then realized Seoul is a little young. Silly me.