hooray.
(perhaps I've been Primary chorister for too long)
Yes, it was me- I had a birthday yesterday.
I'm trying to embrace this getting older thing.
It's only kind of working- but this year was good.
So good that I got only 2 pictures.
These ones:
Yep, both pictures are of me in my lovely Monkey Hat
from my lovely Lisa.
Made by Lisa, even.
I love it and I wore it all afternoon and evening.
Don't let the lack of pictures fool you-
my birthday was fabulous.
It started with snow...
and me running 18 miles (that turned out to be 19) in that snow.
Then I went home-
Mark took all 5 kids out to the store
so that I could take a shower and rest a little before the
rest of the day happened.
What a good man :).
Grandma Judy watched our crazies while we went out to lunch and a movie.
So lucky to have a great Mother-in-law
who will agree to such things.
She volunteered, even.
We had cake with Grandma
and THEN went out again so I could buy myself some jeans
with the birthday money I was given by some generous people.
I wouldn't let Mark buy me anything...
because I bought myself new running shoes
AND have signed up for 4 races already this year-
with 2 or 3 to come.
Running can add up.
Also because of this little adventure that
lovely Lisa and I are planning.
I woke up today feeling awful.
Running a long distance and then going out in public many times...
no good.







5 comments:
Hooray!
It sounds like you had a really nice day... maybe really nice starting the minute that you finished that nineteen mile run:) I'm also pretty sure I would have been hideously aware of that extra mile in there- I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're amazing!
And you look so cute in your hat:) I'm glad it got to you on time.
Also, I'm ridiculously gleeful that you mentioned our little adventure, it makes it a little bit more real somehow... two weeks until registration!
Oh sooooo jealous of your hat!!!
Happy Birthday again! I love you!
Happy Birthday!! I am glad you had a great day!
Here's to birthdays! Your hat is fantastic :)
Post a Comment