Thursday, February 10, 2011

We have a situation...

Not that situation...
or even The Situation.
A cup situation...

CUPS.

Cups EVERYWHERE.

I am constantly stopping one of my children
from pulling out another cup from the cupboard.

Use the cup you got out 5 minutes ago!!
or perhaps one of the cups you left in the bathroom...

Remember the movie Signs?
All the water glasses?
That is my house.

It has dust in it...
It tastes old...
It has his amoebas in it...
It's making me CRAZY.

AND
it results in there being lots of towels on the ground
because of all the water spilled (by Brandon).
I am taking a stand.
I'm laying down the law.
(again)

No more cups.
Get used to using your hands as a cup, kids.

**I will note here that they are NOT supposed to have drinks out of the kitchen.  The 2 year old is responsible for all THOSE cups.  My Brandon is a rebel and thinks that listening to me is for sissy boys.  It's not my favorite thing.**

8 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Ha! Ha! Been there. Here's a tip: When Lisa (or any of my kids) come and visit, I use tape and write their names on the tape and put it on their cup. They are allowed '1' cup and they keep it on the kitchen counter by the sink. I'm a tough grandma, all drinks are in the kitchen. No food or drink allowed in any other part of the house for those under 18. :o)

Jerilee E. said...

We label cups when we have extra people over, but it's harder to keep track of every day, all day. I am implementing a 'your cup for the day' plan that seems to be working :).
We have a no food or drinks out of the kitchen rule, too... but some think it doesn't apply to them ;).

Mark E. said...

I have been suspicious that Brandon is an alien for a while now. (You know, because the alien was the one who spilled the water in Signs).

Lisa said...

Swing away...
Or maybe don't, that could get messy pretty quick, plus we don't want to take any chances just in case Brandon actually IS an alien.
We don't usually end up having many cups all over the place, but somehow we still manage at LEAST a spill a day 'round these parts. Good times.

Allred Family said...

That is too Funny...We have a ONE CUP a day rule over here and it is GREAT!!!! Brandon is So Funny, I love his Personality....we need to get our kids together sometime soon!!!!

Jordan said...

Well, technically, (pushes up movie nerd glasses, speaks in a nasal voice) I believe it was merrill, the brother, that knocked over the water. The alien was the one hurt by the water. Also, my word verification is reemings, which is what Lisa gives me when I don't clean up after myself.

Debbie said...

My kids are OLD and I still write their names or initials on a cup every morning with the hopes that they will only use one a day!
I hope you are having a great Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

We have this problem, but it is bottles. EVERYWHERE. One day soon I will be back to not having to pick them up every single day, in every single room.