Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolve...

I don't have much of it.
 Which is why I haven't thought too much about resolutions this year.

I have 2 resolutions for 2011.

1. Be Nicer.
Nicer mom, wife, person, etc.

2.  Finish my first marathon.


I have 2 marathons that I'm planning on doing.
I would like to finish both- but at least one would be nice ;).

The first resolution is simple enough.
Being nice shouldn't be that hard, right?
It's been challenging for the last 30 years, though 

The second one is not so simple...
and scares the whatthewhat out of me.

I started a new blog last Saturday...
a Running Log Blog
if you will.
I made it for me- a private blog to keep me on track
with my training, etc.
Where I embarrassingly talk to myself like I'm not just myself.

Today I have decided to make it NOT private.
You will find the link over there and up-------------->
somewhere.

You don't have to look at it or even care.

I know me, though.
I am WAY more likely to follow my training plan
if others can actually view my progress.
The pressure of going public.
It works.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

YIPPEEEEE!!!
Should I be embarrassed about saying yippee just now?
Should I be embarrassed by how much I really, truly mean it?
I'm really excited to follow your running blog!

Jessica said...

I think it is wonderful. Are you using the Nike+ too? Are you following a training plan or are you just doing your own thing? I am doing the Nike Women's Half training program starting on Feb. 1 and then when I am done I will do the Nike Women's Marathon training program. I gave up on being ready for Salt Lake, I still can't run without having to ice my foot. I started spinning on Monday and Monday was fine but I had to really back off today because my ankle was killing me.

hollyw said...

Hum...maybe I should make niceness my goal as well...no thanks...way too hard :) Good luck with your marathons! You will do great!

Jerilee E. said...

I'm using the Nike Coach marathon training plan- intermediate level. (nikerunning.com). I don't have the Nike+ sensor, but I've found a way around that ;). It's a 28 week plan and I really like it (but I missed a long run or two over the holidays).