Despite turning 30, I had a FABulous birthday- thanks to my wonderful husband, Mark.
I went shopping all by myself for a few hours.
I bought mostly things for my kids- not exactly the plan, but oh well.
I like to buy things for my kids.
I came home to a sparkly clean house (it lasted only a few hours, but it was so very pretty!)
I love clean bathrooms.
The day included:
An awesome "birthday necklace"... with ducks.
Presents...
Mark took the kids and let them each pick something to give me for my birthday.
I got:
A stuffed rabbit from Hali
A framed picture of a flower from Sage
Hairbands from Brandon
A Jupiter Jack from Dominic
and
A laundry hamper from Bryn :).
I laugh every time I imagine Mark at the store with all 5 of the kids.
Then there was food:
Chinese take-out for dinner...
Yum yum yum... all gone.
Cake...
made by Mark.
He did such a good job- he even wrote "30" with candles...
oh wait.. he wrote "E0"...
Close enough... numbers are hard ;).
And some delicious candles...
consumed by this little fellow...
and there were balloons... which were entertaining for HOURS...
We gave up our right to go out by ourselves together on such occasions when we had 5 kids in 6 years. Also, when we moved to Utah.
We didn't need to go out, though.
I had a wonderful birthday at home with my family.
30 is growing on me already.
Bring it on.





5 comments:
Thinking of Mark at the store with all of the kids makes me giggle a little bit too, but it also makes me think that he's such a sweetie for taking them and for cleaning bathrooms and making you a captain EO cake. Well it sure seems like you had a really nice day, not a bad way to kick off another year.
Also, the word verification for this comment is dulas which makes me say, if you had another baby and it was a girl would you name her Doula? Har!
Happy Birthday!! I am glad to know that others are joining the 30 gang!
Happy Birthday! It looks like a fabulous day, and your husband is amazing for doing all that he did with 5 kids.
Hopefully my cupcakes made it to you safely. =)
Happy Birthday, dear friend!! Yep, a late comment, I know. Your family certainly spoiled you, which looks like so much fun!
One thing Jerilee didn't tell you is that earlier in the week we went to Tucano's and I told them it was her birthday (which I would normally not do, since she usually threatens my life.) I figured I would risk it, I mean she did turn 30. Anyway, they made her stand up and play the tambarine and called the whole restaurant to attention and did this awesome birthday song. I thoroughly enjoyed it (and so did Jerilee despite what she will tell you). I even made it out of Tucano's alive. I am excited to spend all of the next 30 years with my BFF!!!
Post a Comment