Friday, February 12, 2010

Commence with the painting....

I have been wanting to paint the inside of our house since we moved in.  We were not the first owners.  The people who had it built did NOT have them paint it.  Well, technically it is painted WHITE, but that doesn't count... to me.  However, I found out I was preggo with Brandon a week after we moved to Utah.  No painting going on then.
Really then it just took getting the motivation to do it.  Our main floor is large and TALL and it all runs together.  There is no logical place to STOP painting.... until it is DONE.

Now, I have finally had enough.  I am starting to feel like I am in an asylum.

So- the painting has commenced to commence! 
We have painted one whole wall.
Painting with a 'get into everything' 18 month old is HARD.
Which means painting happens AFTER he goes to bed.
So far we haven't felt like staying up all night painting.
Since we still have to take care of kids the next day.
We may never be done.
It didn't help that this week got busy.
Tonight hopefully another wall!
And tomorrow night...
and the next!

Here you have Mark demonstrating the not quite right way to paint..
This picture makes the color look WAY off.
It doesn't really look like this.
Not that the color in the picture is THAT bad- it's just not right.
This may not have been my best idea.
I am SO excited for it to be done, though.
My sanity is at stake here.
Ok, maybe that ship has sailed...

3 comments:

Joo Lin said...

Yay for color!! I'm excited for you. I don't know if I would have the motivation if we had elevated ceilings. Yep, painting with a baby... super fun... when my back was turned Seoul got her hands on the wet paint then crawled across the floor... breaking in our NEW carpet. Hm.

Unknown said...

love the color. can't wait to see the finished product. you have seen my house...so you already know how much i love non-white walls!

Lisa said...

Good job on undertaking such a major... er... undertaking.
I am not a fan of the painting, OR of the trying to get ANYTHING done with kids around, so I applaud you. Make sure you show us when you're all done!
Oh, and I LOOOOOVE the new family pictures on your sidebar. I don't know how long they've been there, but I just noticed it so, yeah. I love them.