Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer, summer, summertime!

Okay, so it's still technically spring, but this weather and Dominic having 4 weeks off of school has gotten us all geared up for summer! We filled up the little backyard pool a couple of days ago and have been having some FANtastic warm weather fun!Interestingly enough, most of these pictures are of the kids sitting OUTside the pool eating snacks... that's there favorite part, you see! Mommy brings out snacks for some little swim breaks.

I bring a book and my nice Diet Pepsi in a Coca-Cola cup outside to keep an eye on things. It's wonderful and I LOVE love LOVE it!I never thought I would appreciate the warm/hot weather here in Utah- but I am actually really enjoying it.. so far! I know that there is MUCH hotter weather to come so I'll update on how I feel about the heat once August comes around!

Alas, little Brandon boy does not care for the sun much nor does he care for the FREEZING cold water. You see there are no pictures of him because this happy fun time usually takes place during one of his two naps. Bryn, however, loves the water most of all! I can hardly get her to come inside!Here's to summer finally coming around and to more hot, sunny days!


**Side note mostly for journaling/remembering purposes-- Bryn went potty in the toilet yesterday!!! I think it was totally a fluke thing, but I was still totally excited and impressed with my girl! I'm still not planning on potty training her until we've dealt with her other delays, but YAY BRYN!!**

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your new background. Oh, and those are some fantastic pics of the kids swimming. We ran through the sprinklers today, and Van had a great time. ;) Summer finally!

Allred Family said...

I love summer pictures, so fun!!!! Snacks OUTSIDE are the BEST...no mess :)
You guys should come over and do the slip and slide with us!!!!! Sage has been asking to play with the "other sage" for weeks now!!!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I love it! Glad you guys are enjoying such great weather down there. We too have beautiful summer weather here in oregon--who knew it would be so nice in spring! And I LOVE that Bryn is the water lover! that sounds about right in our home! :) Keep it up bryn and you'll be on the high school swim team and doing bi and triathlons in NO TIME! :)

p.s. I love reading your blog. You're hilarious jerilee!!! I always enjoyed you tons when we hung out while you lived here but I've gotta say that I never really saw this funniest side of you. I LOVE your Love/Hate post about Bryn and the toy and your Good mom vs. Awesome mom post! SOOOO funny! Keep it up!