Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Circus... almost fun??










I decided to take my kids to the circus because I had never been before and they saw the commercials and really wanted to go. Actually it was only Dominic and Hali, the two that will actually sit through things without having any major fits. Anyhow, let me just say that the Circus isn't nearly as exciting as I would have hoped. There are many interesting things to see... but they are all mixed in with VERY boring segments with a weird clown doing not really funny bits. Also there are silly dance numbers and numerous other things that had my kids staring at the ceiling and not at the performances. Hali actually started to fall asleep after intermission and I had to pretty much beg Dominic to let us go home a few minutes early. I'm not really sure why he cared if we left early... but he did. He wasn't even watching the show. Eventually he agreed that it was time to go. Now I can say that I have been to the Circus... and will probably not go again :). Oh yeah.. and they also sell all sorts of funny little toys that light up and spin- things that every little kid loves... and they cost at LEAST $20 dollars and will probably only light up for a day or two. I know, I'm cheap.. I'm okay with that. So, I guess I'm not endorsing the circus.
The elephants were kinda fun to watch, though. Mostly I enjoyed watching the kids reactions to things. Hali wore this plastic clown nose pretty much the whole time we were there. Dominic refused to put it on until almost the very end. I'm not really sure why.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's kind of disappointing that it wasn't packed with thrills and chills. I mean it's supposedly the greatest show on earth right? Did you eat any cotton candy? It seems like that's a pretty important part.