Monday, October 4, 2010

The day has come...

I have an 8 year old.
I knew this day was coming
but I still have a hard time
believing it is real.
 
My Dominic is at that age-
of accountability.
If any 8 year old is ready for that, it's him.
 I couldn't have asked for a 
better, easier, more helpful
firstborn child.

This boy cares so much about other people's feelings.
He wants to make people happy and he is just so stinkin' smart.
I'm so proud of the boy he is-
that he always has been.
 I really can't take much credit for him.
He's always needed very little help from me for anything... I mean, the kid potty-trained himself for goodness sakes.
But I can take some credit;).
He is mine, after all.

Happy Birthday Dominic!
We love you so much!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday sweet Dominic. He's my favorite 8 year old too. Hope he has a fabulous birthday.

Unknown said...

happy birthday...even though I am super behind on saying it.