Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The kids are alright... mostly...

This is what happens when the Mommy has the nerve to take a little tiny nap...
oh, the massacre...
right outside my bedroom door.
I didn't hear a thing.
Nobody survives when Mom needs 'alone time'.

Dad was there.
Promise.
Apparently they can't handle a life where they can't see mom at all times.
Okay, seriously...
The kids are alright.
Just taking a little nap outside my door...
waiting for my nap to be over.

No little girls were harmed for this post.


Speaking of massacres... I lost my mind for 5 minutes and signed up for the Layton Half Marathon.
In 1.5 weeks.
It's gonna be sick.
As in I feel sick now that I can't get my money back ;)
Anyone care to join me?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Didn't think so :) 

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I wish I could fall asleep anywhere, like that!

Lisa said...

A half marathon huh? You're intense! Just this morning I printed off a half marathon training schedule, not sure why, since I harbor NO delusions that I'd ever be able to run one, and certainly not in 1.5 weeks, but I'll be thinking of you for sure! Maybe that day I'll try to run a little further than usual out of solidarity (the kind of solidarity that means you're doing the hard stuff and I only mean well).

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I loved your pictures! The kids falling asleep outside your bedroom door. Does that bring back memories of my kids doing the same thing! Ha! Ha! Ha! That's so cute! That imaginary umbilicle cord is still attached! :o) You go girl on the half marathon! No one says that you have to 'run' the whole thing, you can walk it! :o) You'll do what your body will allow you to do and you'll know your limits. Each foot of that marathon is a victory in itself! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

oh Lisa, you make me laugh. To clarify, I have been doing a half marathon training plan for a while now, with no real intentions of actually running one :). I was given a little nudge and this is what happens... cross your fingers that I don't die!

Jordan said...

Actually, the thought of Jerilee taking a nap almost knocked me out cold as I read it, so I can understand their somnolence. Good luck with the half marathon, I believe in you. Really, the major reason that I commented is that the word verification is amessemi, which means to soil or make dirty, i.e. the baby spit up on my shirt and made amessemi.

Joo Lin said...

Woohoo - go runner! Fond memories of track & field... ok, not really. I hated it. Other than that... you rock that 1/2 marathon!

Cute pics, of course. What is it with kids needing to be near moms all the time?? :)