I did it...
I ran my first race.
The Layton Half Marathon.
The Layton Half Marathon.
I survived!
With only a few small blisters
and some sore muscles.
I managed to get myself good and nervous beforehand...
but I was able to convince myself to
NOT quit after 2 miles :).
(yes, I considered it)
but I was able to convince myself to
NOT quit after 2 miles :).
(yes, I considered it)
I'm so glad my cheering section was there
waiting for me...
waiting for me...
Even though it apparently got
very, VERY boring...
very, VERY boring...
I did eventually make it...
see me way back there...
see me way back there...
I was scared to see the
'almost finished with the race' picture...
But it's not so bad..
I just look SO very glad that
it's almost done!
Crossing the finish line...
I WIN!!
(ok, not really- but by finishing, I win!)
(ok, not really- but by finishing, I win!)
to me, this picture looks like I'm holding a cross. I'm not- they're flowers!
1 hr 52 min 43 39 sec
I beat my tentative goal time!
but that's because I went out WAY too fast...
and surely looked like I was dying the last few miles.
I definitely felt like it!
but that's because I went out WAY too fast...
and surely looked like I was dying the last few miles.
I definitely felt like it!
I admit it...
not that long ago, I was the person driving
by runners saying
"You're never going to get there like that!"
I'm still in the process of becoming a 'runner'- but I understand it now.
I'm already signed up for my next race!









5 comments:
Good for you! You are a rockstar.
You. Are. Awesome. You look great at the end of your race. And yes, it does look like you are holding a cross at first glance in that picture. I admit I'm not really jealous because I have NO desire to run that kind of distance. 5K is good enough for me :) But YOU are still AWESOME and look FANTASTIC!
Great Job! I am super impressed. I keep thinking I should go get some exercise, but here I sit in front of my computer reading about you exercising! Maybe tomorrow....maybe not???
Awesome job! I just went to my first marathon to cheer my sister on. I blogged about all the interesting people who ran and dressed up. I definitely want to go back again. Good for you for beating your time!
you are amazing.
wishing that i had the motivation for such things.
Post a Comment