..After a short 3 week break, we are back!
Now I have 2 kids in school full time-
which means 2 lunches to pack...
instead of one.
Going back was just
no big deal to the Dominic dude.
That's one of the things I love about
year-round school.
Going back was easy- no time to get UN-ready to go to school.
(yes, I am one of those freaks who (so far) LOVES year-round school! I know others have their opinions, but I love having the random times off of school when NO one else has them off. Hello short lines at Disneyland! My kids keep their brains a-movin all year and our track never has huge class sizes.
It's when I have half in Jr. High on a traditional schedule & the other half on year-round that it will get interesting...)
It's when I have half in Jr. High on a traditional schedule & the other half on year-round that it will get interesting...)
Hali was a little more nervous...
but mostly she was just REALLY excited.
She didn't get to start on Monday with Dominic.
The 1st graders get to go meet their teacher for a few minutes on the first day, then start on Tuesday.
All day yesterday she kept saying
"I just want to start first grade now!"
She spent the rest of the day making sure her new outfit was all ready :).
Pretty darn cute, huh?
So I drove them to school today..
and watched my two biggest kids walk off together.
The Big Brother helping his Little Sister.
I'm glad they have each other.
They didn't even look back.
Which was good because then they didn't have to see me getting a little emotional about the whole thing :).





4 comments:
I can't believe school already started!
I like year round school too. I love the breaks...I think I need them more than the kids. How cute that Dominic was taking care of his sister! I love moments like those!
What cute little first-dayers. I dunno, I guess I'd have to experience it because I just can't wrap my mind around year round school. I know, I know, it's people like me who stagnate progress, that's how me and Umbrage became such good pals.
Your kids are so cute! That is fun they are close in age and can share the school experience. Love your fun life :)
Post a Comment