Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Am I a real Utah girl now?

We've lived here for over 2.5 years.
I went to BYU.
I had never hiked to the 'Y'.
Until last Saturday.
Now I am a Utahn. (?)
I'm sure there are plenty of Utah natives who have never done it... right?
Not that I was looking to become official or anything.

Mark did the hike last summer while I sat at the bottom with the Bryn & Brandon... stupid thyroid.

This year I was in a much better place.
 I even carried Brandon 3/4 of the way.
Let's just say I was a little sweaty by the time we made it up.
Too much? 

All of the kids did really well.
Brandon was carried almost the whole way, Sage & Bryn just a little bit.
Dominic was speedy monkey boy...
One of the first ones up and down.
The girls were a little more whiny, but they made it!
 Bryn decided that we weren't helping her enough-
so she found some people who would...
No, I didn't know these ladies, 
but they were very nice! 

Besides one incident where Bryn decided to try and run down the face of the Y, everything went smoothly.

This is the face Bryn made after rolling part way down the Y...
It was tough, but fun- we're glad we got to do it
with all the Erickson fam...
Uncle Matt and some cute girly girls...
But we still won't claim to be Utah natives.
Not yet. 
We haven't earned that, I don't think.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun! I totally want to do that hike if we ever go to Utah again. But I'm a little bummed that there's no way that I'll look as good in 'just finished a hike' pictures as you do - you are so freaking photogenic, it's not quite fair. But that's okay, I still like you:)
And I love the pictures of Brandon at the bottom of the post, he is just the cutest and I want to give him squishy cheek kisses!!!

Kristina P. said...

I went to PRovo High, UVSC, AND BYU, and I've never hiked the Y either!

Unknown said...

I have never done the "Y"...I guess that makes me horrible.

the nayz said...

If hiking to the Y makes you an official Utahan, then I must not be one. I have lived here my WHOLE life and still haven't hiked it!!

http://stacinay.blogspot.com