A one woman assembly line.
5 bowls of cereal...
5 sets of clothes.
5 sandwiches.
5 drinks of water.
5 pairs of shoes...
5 dinner plates.
5 coats.
I often forget my own coat while I make sure everyone else has theirs.
5 cups of chocolate milk...
10 hands washed.
5 seatbelts on- plus my own.
5 heads counted over and over.
Everywhere we go.
So we don't leave with just 4.
Countless dishes to be washed.
Way more than 5 piles of folded clothes...
in a system that Dad just can't seem to grasp;)...
5 sets of teeth.
Brushed.
Flossed.
Ok, this is a two person assembly line for us.
5 kisses and hugs goodnight.
Remember that I Love Lucy episode?
You know the one.
The assembly line.
You ever feel like it never stops coming?
Except this stuff isn't chocolate.
Except this stuff isn't chocolate.
The life we lead.
I signed up for it.
I'll take it.
I love it.
Right? :)
I do have a nice Mark who joins the line often.
We're a good team.
I do have a nice Mark who joins the line often.
We're a good team.









6 comments:
my favorite post you have EVER done. gah. awesome. really.
I have some of the cloths system figured out, it's hard when two of the kids basically wear the same cloths and the differences are minute. It boggles my mind and can render me useless as the confusion overloads my medium sized brain (small if you believe Jerilee's contention that my head is very small for an adult). I do try, but Jerilee is truly awesome!:)
Oh, and apparently I can't spell so good (I do fold cloths, but not exclusively. I also fold clothes).
It's not the clothes folding system that bothers me so much. It's the putting away that scares the bejeebers out of me, as Lisa will readily attest. Also, my word verification is broylism, which is obviously the worship of or belief in Broyl, which I believe is the God of cooking.
Mark can't figure out the clothes stacking system OR the putting clothes away system. He's just given up. HOW HARD IS IT REALLY?? I ain't the brightest tool in the shed (heheh, oh eliza) and I can do it.
Broylism is the sickness you get from under broyling. Like botchulism. Nice try, bro.
You guys make me laugh.
Jerilee - You are truly AMAZING. Not even exaggerating. I know I couldn't do it :)
And really... the kids floss? Even more amazing.
Post a Comment