Turns out the zoo just doesn't want my kids.
After the negotiations failed...
(I even offered to pay THEM. kidding, kidding)
we decided to stick around and check out the place.
Beware- picture deluge is upon you...
I love the zoo.
I've still never been to the zoo here in Utah.
I KNOW the Oregon Zoo, though.
I feel comfortable there.
Maybe cuz I LIVE in a zoo? maybe.
See, don't they look comfortable in animal surroundings?
Ok, maybe we all do..
At least we don't resemble large bears.
Like this guy...
Hello Mr. Polar Bear.
Enjoying your lap swimming?
Who?
I mean Hoo.
Ah, lame jokes.
Sage's bum and some elephants..
Sage wins this cuteness contest.
Her and her teeny bum.
This poor zebra...
took one look at me and was a goner.
Maybe he just looked at this guy here...
Not really.
The zebra was alive and well.
Just resting.
Apparently Dominic found the Hippos disgusting...
or was trying to fit in better with them.
Brandon made a new friend...
I admit that he made both of us a little nervous.
But who isn't a little nervous of that Brandon man.
Hitchin' a ride..
We spent nearly 4 hours at the zoo.
Saw EVERYthing.
Except the bug exhibit.
I don't like bugs.
THIS was my favorite part...
Feeding the Lorakeets.
Such a fun exhibit.
The birds were beautiful.
And only tried to eat one of my kids.
Sage. That only makes sense.
She still wanted to feed them, though.
That's my girl.
Brandon had to be removed from the atrium.
For trying to bear hug a Lorakeet.
That's my boy.
Fun, fun day at the Oregon Zoo.
With all these crazy animals...
That's my niece Charity in the front.
More pictures of her to come...





4 comments:
I really like the zoo. I am sad we don't go more often.
Lorelai: Listen, we have the horses, Desdemona and Cletus, and the first two rides have to be me and you, hopefully you're over the time that I took you for the pony ride and the pony was old and just sort of stopped and laid down and you sort of rolled off into the ditch, it's really not likely to happen again, I promise, so call me, call me.
Rory: Mom, it's me. I love that you got horses, as far as that pony ride when I was a kid, you're forgetting one little tidbit there, that pony did not lie down... he died ok... he died... and then the owner dragged him away by the back legs, everytime I use glue I think of him, but I'll watch you ride how's that?
Something about that zebra picture reminded me of the gilmore girls and inspired me to leave the worlds longest comment.
You got such cute pictures, and sage does have a cute teeny tiny bum:)
so Cute, We Love going to the Zoo....The one in Oregon looks like LOTS of FUN. We have not gone in a few years actually, maybe it's time for another trip!!!
I love the Oregon Zoo too. We usually make the trip while we are there except this time we didn't have time. Glad you did though. I have some great pictures from the Lorakeets too, Ty in the moby wrap and birds all over his head and mine.
Post a Comment