Friday, January 8, 2010

How did I get here??!!?

I had one of those mornings. Those mornings where I wonder when I became a mother... and did I really think it through first ;). I still remember a lot about being a kid. Every once in a while I feel like I'm just pretending to be a wife and mom.

Today Brandon made SURE I knew that I was the Mom- made sure I knew that I was in charge of taking care of all these kids. By leaving me a disgusting present. It was gross. It was smelly. It made me lose my appetite for many hours. It made my house smell like a freakin sewer.

I did not post the picture I took with my cell phone. You have been warned, but if you REALLY want to see, you can CLICK HERE.

I did not yell, scream or cry. I was proud of me. He's a baby- he couldn't possibly have done it on purpose, right?!?

I didn't really TALK to him for about 15 minutes afterwards, though... but I forgave him as soon as he started yelling "Mom! Mom! Mom!" from the kitchen.

Brandon has called me DAD for about 6 months.
He must have known that if there was EVER a day to start calling me MOM, this was it!

I will keep telling myself....
I am the Mom. I'm glad I'm the Mom. Kids are disgusting sometimes. This is the kind of stuff we have to deal with. I will EMBRACE the disgusting. Not literally.

(He is my 5th, and this is probably one of the worst messes I've had to deal with. He is his own boy, that's for sure.)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh boy, I looked! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, and you are so right - kids just really are disgusting sometimes... frequently even. They are so lucky they're cute in hundreds of other ways to make up for it:)

Unknown said...

I looked. I gagged. and then I closed it.

Not looking forward to this. I don't have this problem anymore. What did I get myself in to.

Allred Family said...

I looked...I too Gagged....So Sorry!!!! That would not be a fun mess to clean up :( Kids are disgusting.....good thing Brandon is so cute, it makes up for all the gross things kids do!!!! And how sweet that he finally stared calling you mom today....lil' cutie :)

Meeks said...

I didn't look...but relied on my own memory of gross encounters and sympathise completely!

hollyw said...

All I have to say is thank you! I love that you too feel like that sometimes (at least once a day!) I will say I looked at the picture and I busted up laughing, what else do you do really!