Thursday, January 15, 2009

Super Sledding Fun!

We finally took all of our kids sledding last weekend! We kept meaning to and talking about it, but never actually did it. Getting all of our kids bundled up is no small task- and Brandon isn't exactly ready for sledding, so there is always him to consider. Then Dominic was invited to a birthday party last Saturday and they went sledding. Hali was so sad that she didn't get to go, so we promised her that we would go later that afternoon... and we actually did!! It went surprisingly well and everyone had a good time.Add Image
Even Bryn had a good time! Everytime we put the sled on the ground she would go sit on it. She doesn't really get the taking turns thing yet so she was SO sad when we would take her off so someone else could have a turn. (We realized that one sled isn't gonna cut it for long!)
Dominic is apparently way to old to sled with anyone else- he would take off head first on his stomach- and our sled is super fast! What a brave kid. He was also being really goofy and falling all over the place. Here's Mark pulling him up the hill.
Brandon did very well just hanging out in his own personal sled/carseat. He just sat there chatting and kicking his shoes and socks off. His seat kept trying to slide down the hill as well, no matter how far up we put it. It must have been because of all the crazy kicking that he likes to do. We had a really fun time and plan on doing it again soon. Mark and I were both pleasantly surprised at how well things went and how much fun we all had. I also think that snow is different here in Utah than it was in Oregon. I remember going sledding/tubing in Oregon and being soaking wet by the time we were done. We weren't really wet at all here when we got done. It's much more fun when you can still feel all of your limbs/appendages when you're finished!

Here are a few more pictures from the excursion...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Fuuuun! I love when you take your kids to do something fun and it actually turns out good. And I really like the sound of not being soaking wet when finished, that's the main reason I never want to go in it. I'm glad it was fun!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh sister! I hear ya about snow in Oregon. Sledding there must have been a treat rather that eventual torture! you all look like you're having a blast. cute fam, and jerilee...I MISS YOU!!!!!!