It doesn't look too bad in the pictures- but the tire axle was bent/broken and I'm told that's not good :). There was also damage to the inner workings of the car- I am the opposite of a mechanic, obviously. It wasn't like I ever loved that van, but it was still a little sad going to the towing yard to clean it out... saying goodbye for the last time ;). The poor driver's side door would hardly even open. Luckily Mark is totally awesome and added gap insurance through the dealer when we bought the van... since we owe more on it than it is worth. We now have a rental van, which I love.... so we went out and bought pretty much the same van yesterday. We won't get it until Monday or Tuesday- but we get the rental paid for through Wednesday. Since no one was injured and we get a nice new"er" van to replace our old squished one, this experience hasn't been too terribly awful. I wouldn't want to do it again, though! I'm just really glad that the other people's insurance guy has been so nice to us and that we will still be able to get to Oregon. Less than a week to go! Wahoo!
It was funny listening to Mark as he talked to our insurance and the other people's insurance company. They both asked if he had other passengers with him during the accident. The reaction to "Yes, I had my wife and 5 kids with me" is pretty amusing.... like having 5 little kids isn't completely normal or something?!





1 comment:
I'm so glad that the insurance is working out so favorably, way to go Mark and the gap! What kind of a van did you end up getting? I'm so excited to see it, but more excited to see you guys:)
Post a Comment