My little Dominic started Kindergarten today! My eyes water all up everytime I even say that, let alone look at this picture. We took him to school and got him in line with his class. Then I had to wave good-bye as he disappeared inside with all the other little kids. Luckily there were a huge crowd of other parents there taking pictures and waving good-bye to their kids, too. I was afraid that I would be the lone weirdo embarrassing their child. I certainly was not alone. However, I may have been the only one trying not to let the tears actually fall and being VERY glad that I had sunglasses on to hide the moisture in my eyes.

Mark took the morning off so that we could both drive him to school and make sure he was okay. Dominic did great! He didn't seem too nervous or scared. There were a few kids in line who were crying and a few more that appeared to be on the verge. Dominic just stood there patiently waiting for whatever was going to happen next. We were so proud of him. He got a little nervous when they started to walk into the school and he couldn't find me right away to wave good-bye to. He finally located me and gave a final wave and smile. Again, I was so glad that there was such a crowd so I didn't draw attention to the fact that I was about to fall apart!
Then I got to be nervous for the next three hours waiting to see if he would actually BE on the bus when it came to our stop. He walked off the bus with a big smile and the nice bus driver knew that we would want a picture. He told Dominic to stop on the bottom stair and smile! He had a great day and was so excited to tell us all about it. I am so glad that he had a good time and that I won't have to convince him to go back!





1 comment:
I cannot even believe this! He's so cute and grown up and making his way in the world, I just want to squeeze him. I don't blame you for being teary, I still don't know what I'll do when it's LaRues turn:(
Post a Comment