Baby Erickson #5- Brandon Conrad - made his debut on Friday, July 18th at 1:39 pm. He weighed in at a very nice 8lbs 5oz and was 20 in. long. I was induced that morning starting at around 9:30. The labor was not bad or very long, so that was great for me. Of course, I got an epidural at around 11:30 or noon, so after that was just waiting around! When he decided he was ready to come out, he came right out. It took one contraction and about 1.5 pushes to bring him into the world. You will not hear me complain about that.
He is doing just beautifully. As you can see, we are already stressing him out! His brother and sisters love him already and want to hold him all the time. Okay- this does not include Bryn. She could care less about him, except that he has a pacifier that she wants. We have taken away the pacifier from Bryn... and she now finds us to be the meanest parents ever. She has actually done pretty well with it, considering. She does enjoy pushing him in the swing... but "pushing" to her is not the same as pushing to us. Also, if I am holding Brandon, Bryn will come up and try to sit in my lap anyway. I'm not sure if she can actually see him or if she has decided to pretend he isn't really here. It makes us laugh. Hali still calls him "the boy baby" and Sage can't seem to remember that he is her brother, not her sister.
All in all, we are very much enjoying having this new baby boy here. He doesn't really cry much- mostly he just makes little whiny, cry noises when he's hungry. He's cute and I just love him. Also- I am SO happy not to be pregnant anymore!!






1 comment:
I cannot tell you how giddy I am that you started a blog! Ridiculously giddy! And pretty pleased with myself even though I have no reason to be:) I like your posts already and Brandon is such a cutie. Yay!
Post a Comment