We went to the Living Planet Aquarium
for Hali's birthday.
Luckily enough I won some tickets to the aquarium the week before.
I'll just put this out there...
I don't like fish.
I have a fish phobia.
The official term is Ichthyophobia- yeah, I googled it.
Not a fear of eating fish. I like to eat most fish.
Fear of live fish.
I don't like to swim in lakes for fear of touching a fish.
It was a happy day when Hing's got rid of their fish tank
so I didn't have to worry about eating while fish watched me.
I am not ashamed.
My kids didn't inherit my issues (not that one, at least)
so off we went to the aquarium.
See? Menacing.
Untrustworthy.
These kids, though-
just cute!
You can PET stingrays at this aquarium.
Like, it's one of the main attractions.
I KNOW, I was shocked, too.
My crazies loved it.
Where did they come from?
Me? No desire whatsoever to stick my hand in that water.
This little tiny sea horse was pretty cute, though...
It really was tiny- this picture makes it look bigger.
Here's fish-guide Mark explaining the fish situation...
He's so smart.
Then there's me
explaining to my kids that
Fish are food, not friends-- beware!
It was worth it-
love having fun with my silly little frogs...
Doesn't mean I trust fish.





2 comments:
You are funny! You look great and your kids are adorable! (not intending to leave Mark out... he looks fine, too, I guess).
We took Seoul to the aquarium in Seattle for the first time... she liked most of it, I think. Too bad the first sea anemone she touched was kind of poky so she didn't want to touch any others.
Aw, you've got such CUTE silly little frogs! It sounds like everyone had a pretty good time, I love that!
I'm the opposite about fish, I have no problem with them when they're in their tanks or natural habitat (not that I want to go touching them or anything) but I do NOT love when they end up on my plate:)
Post a Comment