I can't believe Thanksgiving came
(and WENT)
so fast this year.
It was a wonderful, full, busy day
that started with me being a lunatic...
(and posing like a huge clown)
and running in the
Utah Human Race 10k.
Ok, normally running 6.2 miles does not
make me a lunatic...
but it was 5 degrees outside on this
particular Thanksgiving morning.
I had ice on my face when I finished.
Oh so very cold.
But done and done in 48 minutes!
Mark brought the kids for the end.
They were outside for 15 minutes waiting for me,
which was enough to make 3 out of the 5 cry...
they were SO cold.
Next came the rest of the day...
which was cooking, family, food, and eating of all that cooked food :).
We had Thanksgiving at our house this year, with some of Mark's family.
Here is our 21 pound turkey carcass...
after Mark so nicely carved it for us :).
He even got to use the super fabulous apron I made for him
a Christmas or two ago...
It was a good day.
Bring on Christmas.





4 comments:
Geez you run fast! If we had run the Human Race together, "together" would have been a pretty loose term:)
It looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving Day, I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
I will never understand all you crazy runners! :)
Impressive...I am DISGUSTED that you can run a 10k that fast!!! MAN!!!! I can't walk a 5k that fast! GOOD FOR YOU!
Thank you for inspiring me to exercise. One day I will start.
Post a Comment