Sunday, March 20, 2011

Never again, Canyonlands...

I was really expecting to love the Canyonlands Half Marathon.

Well, I just didn't.

I went, I ran, I finished.
I beat my previous half marathon PR.
(ok, I had only ran one half before this) 

Official chip time:
1:49:59

Previous PR: 1:52:38

Seriously made it under 1:50 by ONE SECOND.
It was because of my super pretty "sprinting" at the end.

I was so very surprised by my time.
I felt blah, awful, why did I do this the whole time.

I will do a full race report- with more pictures-

If you are not interested, I will not be offended ;).
Just know that I will not be running THAT race again.
So many things I didn't like.

I lived through it, though...
Looking dang awesome, too.
I made a joke.
 My braid looks huge.
I bet I could cut a minute off my time by chopping off that hunk of hair.
At least I had some cute people waiting for me at the finish!

Also, we got a weekend away- so yay!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooo super impressed. You make me wanna run, but not a race. I wouldn't dare, I wouldn't make it doing a 5k.

Thanks for always inspiring me.

Lisa said...

You're so awesome! And you look so cute in your pink socks! You really do!
Also, wearing shorts and the only thing to complain about looking huge is your braid, well, you've made it sister!
If it was me, there would be much more serious hugeness complaints... and they'd be coming from the spectators. Ba-dum-ch!
Seriously though.

Debbie said...

You look a whole lot better than I do sitting here in my chair! Congrats to you. I'm sorry you didn't like it though.

Joo Lin said...

You look great... diggin' the pink!