Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Tooth Fairy's phone number...

My kids just keep getting bigger!! Hali girl pulled out her 2 bottom teeth last week... after WEEKS and WEEKS of us trying to get her to let us pull them out. They were quite literally hanging by a thread. We kept telling her that they would fall out at school and get lost... or while she was sleeping and she would swallow them. AWESOME parents, we know :). We try.
She pulled them out 2 days apart. With the first tooth, the Tooth Fairy came and took the tooth, left money and ALL WAS WELL!!
Tooth number 2, not so smooth. The Tooth Fairy apparently passed by our house- I'm pretty sure she was TIRED and BRAINDEAD that night ;). Sad little Hali came down the next morning with her tooth and said "The tooth fairy didn't come". Picture the saddest little face ever.
Being the awesome mom that I can't help being, I told her that I would CALL the Tooth Fairy and maybe she would come while Hali was at school. A long conversation followed about how only Mom's get to know the Tooth Fairy's phone number.
Seemed to work :). As she was walking out the door to school later on, she looked back at me and asked- "When I'm a mom, will you tell me the Tooth Fairy's phone number?".
She can't wait to be a mom and I love her for that! It also scares me a little, too.

And, just because I can't take a picture of one girl without all the others wanting one, too...
This picture of Sage makes me laugh everytime I look at it!

Bryn making her funny face...

3 comments:

Allred Family said...

I cannot believe Hali lost TWO teeth already....and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the tooth fairy story!!!!! I think i might need the tooth fairy's number too. I would also like to know how much a tooth goes for nowadays.

I am NOT looking forward to the tooth loosing process....i was traumatized as a child :( All i know is that i will NOT be attacking my children with a pair of rusty pliers!!!!
You are awesome parents :)

Lisa said...

Nice move with the Tooth Fairys number! Oh, the pretend calls I've made for LaRues sake, none to the Tooth Fairy yet though. It would be sweet if moms really got some special phone book, part of what they send you home with as you leave the hospital: Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter bunny, it would be really handy.

Unknown said...

What!? I had no idea that it happens this young. Maybe I should check Van's teeth tonight to make sure that nothing is lose. They grow up too fast.