Saturday, March 21, 2009

There and back again... an Erickson journey.

We got to travel to Oregon this past week to celebrate the wedding of my brother Kyle to his new bride Michelle.
It was a beautiful wedding and we had a wonderful time. I am so glad we were able to be there- we wouldn't want to miss such a thing! The weather was not so great for pictures, but it cleared off just enough to get some great pictures- courtesy of Cardwell Photography. Here's all of us Newby kids...
It was definitely not warm and it was raining off and on so all of the kids- and by the kids I mean OUR kids- were complaining. Grandma and Adam took good care of little Brandon and kept him all toasty...
We had quite the herd of people standing outside the temple while the pictures were being taken- but luckily the pictures didn't take long at all. We did manage to get a picture of all of us on Kyle's side of the family... a little disorganized, but at least we are there and that's what counts, right?

We got to be there for a week, but I took a total of 3 pictures on my own. I'm awesome. I was also a little sad that our new little niece totally dissed me and decided NOT to be born while we were there.. but I forgive :). It was so much fun and my kids are already asking when we are going to Grandma's house again! I then say... as soon as I can even IMAGINE doing that 12 hour drive again... so... not for a while.

3 comments:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tomorrow I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're willing to forgive, I'm sure I will too, once she's actually here:) It was so much fun having you guys here, we absolutely love it! And just so you know, LaRue has decided that you guys will be back in 100 days, see you then:)

Allred Family said...

I cannot believe you guys drove 12 hours.....and i complain about the 6 hour drive to Vegas!!!! Little Brandon looks addorable all bundled up :)