Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pictureka!


My kids have discovered a new favorite game. We bought Pictureka! for them for Christmas and JUST NOW opened it for the first time.... well, earlier this week.
Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE to play games with my kids. However, there are only so many times I can play CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, etc. before I just can't take it anymore.
So Mark and I finally agreed to play Pictureka! ... and were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had, as well as the kids!
The idea is basically to look at the picture on the card and locate it on the game board. It's kind of a "Where's Waldo" idea. The board is made up of 9 squares that can be flipped over and rotated, etc. so you can't just memorize where everything is. There are more rules and other stuff, but this is the basics :). The box says for ages 6+ but even 3 year old Sage found some of the pictures before everyone else! They all have a great time yelling PICTUREKA! whenever anyone finds a picture... no matter who found it first!
Brandon really liked trying to kick the board and make things more interesting! It's nice to find a fun game that we can ALL play (well, Bryn doesn't really care about it too much...) that doesn't make Mommy and Daddy crazy! We've played it 3 times this week already!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're so good to play so many games. Playing board games with kids is one of those things that is just REALLY hard for me to actually do. We go the girls Chutes and Ladders for Christmas, and I think I've made it through only one whole game, that game can go on FOREVER you know! Thanks for telling us about this one though, it looks like I might just be able to handle it.

Allred Family said...

Looks like you had so much FUN!!!!!! I have a hard time letting my kids play games....They LOVE to play board games but.....it makes me CRAZY!!!!! I might be able to handle this one, It looks like lots of fun, even Brandon liked it.....what a cutie!!!!!

Joo Lin said...

Jerilee - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I don't think I have your correct email address... or I've lost my mind :) Anyway, hope you have a FABULOUS day! Thinkin' about ya!

Love,
Joo Lin