Friday, February 6, 2009

Crazy Crock Potting...

Okay, so after discovering the A Year of CrockPotting blog sometime last year I have rediscovered my Crock Pot and I have been loving it! I hardly ever used it before... but it's definitely getting used now. I just love that I can get dinner all together at 9 or 10 in the morning and then it's just ready when Mark gets home from work... or after we get home from church on Sundays.
I went all crazy printing out any recipes I found that I thought Mark and the kids would like... or just Mark and I... the kids can eat it or not!

I have made different sorts of meat... this is Steak and Cheese Rolls... (I altered the recipe because Mark is not a fan of blue cheese)
and many sorts of soups... this picture is of French Onion Soup... it doesn't look very appetizing, but it was actually VERY good.

I made Split Pea Soup and the kids actually ate it... and said "Mommy, you make the best soup ever!". I was absolutely SHOCKED! It was very good, if I do say so myself...

One of our very favorites, thought, is the Potato Soup recipe from my sister-in-law Lisa's blog. I don't have a picture- but it is so very very good... and easy!

I have become obsessed and I'm very much okay with it! I went out and bought another Crock Pot a couple of weeks ago because... well, what if I want to make two different things at once?!? Luckily Mark is pretty easy going and just rolls with my weirdness!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Two things at once! I hope you know that puts you on a super mom level in my book. Ever since being pregnant this go round I'm so hesitant to crock pot, the first hour everything smells so good, but six hours of being at home with it later and I'm just not at all interested in eating it. I'm hoping that will go away once the birth has been given because I'm much more motivated in the mornings and much more likely to "cook" cereal for dinner later in the day.